Brainstorm Toys Inflatable Globe Questions and Answers
Globe Scavenger Hunt
1. Look at the lines of latitude on the globe. What is the approximate latitude of where you live?
Answer: The answer to this question depends on where in the world you live.
2. Which South American country is named for the line of latitude that crosses it?
3. Which European country is west of Belarus, north of Slovakia, and east of Germany?
4. Which island is just southeast of India?
Answer: Sri Lanka
5. Which three continents does the Tropic of Capricorn cross?
Answer: Africa, Australia and South America
6. Which ocean is east of Africa and west of Australia?
Answer: Indian Ocean
7. Which sea is north of Turkey?
Answer: Black Sea
8. What is the largest country in South America?
9. What is the capital of Mongolia?
Answer: Ulan Bator
10. Which city is at the southern tip of Africa?
Answer: Cape Town
11. Which large island is northwest of the United Kingdom and southeast of Greenland?
12. Which country is approximately 1,500km (900 miles) southeast of Australia?
Answer: New Zealand
13. What other continent is the closest to Antarctica?
Answer: South America
14. What is the capital city of Japan?
15. Which large island is south of Miami?
16. Which sea is west of Turkmenistan and north of Iran?
Answer: Caspian Sea
17. What is the northernmost city on the west coast of the USA?
18. Which island would you find at these approximate coordinates: latitude 20° N longitude 155° W.
19. Which pole would you find in Antarctica?
Answer: The South Pole
20. Manila is the capital city of which country?